Verizon Cloud - doesn't work
MnJWalker

New-in-box Nokia 928 won't import contacts from Verizon Cloud; won't even run Verizon Cloud after downloading.  Why?  I don't want to have to manually enter 123 contacts!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud - doesn't work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your Nokia 928, MnJWalker. Let’s work together to get this fixed.

We need to modify some settings.

Change backup location:

1. Access People
2. Select a contact
3. Select edit (Pencil icon)
4. At the top the device may display Edit Outlook Contact, Verizon Cloud, etc
5. Once selected the user should be presented with a drop down

Select backup option when saving a new contact:

1. Access People
2. Select the plus sign
3. At the top the device should display New Outlook Contact, Verizon Cloud, etc.
4. Change the storage location to the desired option
Note: Once you have selected the desired storage location the contacts will be backed up at this location until changed.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MnJWalker

Your suggestions reflect 'Backup Assistant Plus' along the top for the contact(s) I selected, but there is NO drop-down option to change it.

The issue isn't that.

ALL my contacts from my previous phone (which had the 'Verizon Cloud app') show up on the Verizon Cloud on the My Verizon website.  The new phone didn't come with the app; I downloaded  'Verizon Cloud' from the 'Store' onto my new phone, and while it shows as an app on my new phone, it does NOTHING when you try to execute it.   So it won't go 'up' to the cloud and retrieve my data.    I can see why it only rates two stars.  :-0

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

So you downloaded the app to your phone, but, when you tap the icon, nothing happens.

Which OS is the 928 running? Is the Cloud app written for that version?

0 Likes