How can I sync my contacts on my new phone?
luvmyphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to sync my media, text messages and call logs, but no contacts.  I went on the Cloud and there are now NO contacts on my cloud.  They are also not in the "trash" folder.  Is there a way to fix this?  My old phone was reset at the store in front of me and traded in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I got a new phone and cannot sync my contacts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

luvmyphoenix,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with switching your phone. We know it's important to keep your contacts. Please be certain that you've logged into any accounts that may contain contacts and that you're synced. This includes Facebook, Yahoo accounts, etc. If you've successfully logged into every account you had on your old phone and none of them are showing contacts, unfortunately there won't be a way to recover them.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were your contacts stored on Google or iCloud perhaps?  What model was your old phone?

0 Likes
luvmyphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 2

The old phone was an HTC One M8.  How do I access Google for my contacts?  As of a couple days ago, I was able to back up the cloud withy phone and my contacts were there.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

0 Likes
luvmyphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, only 6 of my contacts, the ones I do have in my phone, are there.  The other chunk of them are not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

luvmyphoenix,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with switching your phone. We know it's important to keep your contacts. Please be certain that you've logged into any accounts that may contain contacts and that you're synced. This includes Facebook, Yahoo accounts, etc. If you've successfully logged into every account you had on your old phone and none of them are showing contacts, unfortunately there won't be a way to recover them.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes