Blackberry Classic Emergency Calls Only
kensartain

Why is my Blackberry Classic suddenly showing that I can ONLY make emergency calls? Bill paid and is showing all devices working correctly.

Any help would be appreciated to clear this Icon Alert (Top Left Hand of Screen - Next to Phone Symbol), and to restore regular calling.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Classic Emergency Calls Only
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place for help with your Blackberry Classic, kensartain. Let's get your calls working for all of your numbers. What's the last action taken on your device before the Emergency Calls Only issue started? What happens when youreboot the device? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot together.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kensartain

Well...the first time it happened I had just rebooted through the top button selection (holding down the button until I get a screen asking whether I want to lock, shut down, or restart). After restarting, I noticed that I had a red phone icon in the upper right corner of my home screen. I went to find an answer in the Blackberry Help...but no joy. I restarted after I entered my previous post. Everything was fine at that point.

Then last night, after I had sent some texts, I put away the phone like normal, by silencing. When I woke this morning, it was again showing only Emergency Calls...I again restarted and all is is fine.

Can't really figure out what the trigger is, nor if I am in some Time/Space Continuum because I hit a combination of buttons and now I'm not sure if my phone is trying to tell me that I need to call for emergency personnel...Thanks for any help you may provide...

0 Likes
kensartain

UPDATE - As of 12/13/2016 the phone was completely schmorkled...fortunately I was near a Verizon store and took it in to be looked at. The service tech immediately went to the SIM Card and replaced it. Rebooted and WHAM - We are back in business...HOWEVER...after leaving the store and going to some different locations, I noticed that phone was getting hotter and hotter by the minute...AND - the battery was being depleted at a rate I had never seen before. In a matter of two hours, I went from 82% to below 20%...I have the Battery-Saver setting at 20%, so everything automatically went to EMCON 3 - Only emergency communications.

Today (12/14/2016), I am charging on my USB charger and the phone is no longer hot to the touch, so I am hopeful the SIM change caused the phone to work extra hard and then once satisfied all is well, now will regulate the battery usage.

So - to RECAP - The SIM Card was bad. Changed it out, (NO COST) by going into the local Verizon Store. Had battery getting hot, and battery-life shortened just after SIM Card change...but now seems back to normal.

0 Likes