Is there a way to upload an entire folder, containing several files, to the Cloud?
TMNBOSS

I have been able to upload only single files, one by one, from my PC [Windows 7] to Documents in the Verizon Cloud.  Is there a way to upload an entire folder, containing  several files, to the Cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Uploading documents from PC to Verizon Cloud
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

The Cloud is a great tool that is designed to include backup for seven key content types that include:

◦Contacts

◦Call logs

◦Text and media messages

◦Music

◦Pictures

◦Videos and documents

Folders can be tricky because you can not move an entire folder.

Follow the steps below to download multiple documents, photos, songs, and videos simultaneously using the Android mobile app:

Documents

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Documents.

2.Tap Select Documents on the contextual menu.

3.Select multiple documents.

4.Tap Download on the contextual menu.

Music:

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Music.

2.Select the Songs tab.

3.Tap Select Songs on the contextual menu.

4.Select multiple songs.

5.Tap Download on the contextual menu.

Photos:

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Photos.

2.Select the All Photos tab.

3.Tap Select Photos on the contextual menu.

4.Select multiple photos.

Videos:

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Videos.

2.Select the All Videos tab.

3.Tap Select Videos on the contextual menu.

4.Select multiple videos.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to upload an entire folder, containing several files, to the Cloud?
richs007
Verizon Employee

@TMNBOSS you don't say how your backing up things from your cloud to your computer.  My personal prefrence is to use the PC/Mac app instead of the web browser because I can select a folder I want backed up and any time I move something to that folder it will back it up for me.

The cloud apps don't have a folder structure when you view photos/videos/audio/documents but when you backup using the backup function of the desktop app, it will retain the folder hierarchy for you should you ever need to restore the content back to your computer.

More information can be found at:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/#using-desktop-app

and how to tell the PC app to backup from folder(s)

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78860/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why do you want them in the Verizon Cloud when there is Dropbox, One Drive or Google Drive?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mapomerson

Because Verizon tech said that is where it should go

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

The Cloud is a great tool that is designed to include backup for seven key content types that include:

◦Contacts

◦Call logs

◦Text and media messages

◦Music

◦Pictures

◦Videos and documents

Folders can be tricky because you can not move an entire folder.

Follow the steps below to download multiple documents, photos, songs, and videos simultaneously using the Android mobile app:

Documents

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Documents.

2.Tap Select Documents on the contextual menu.

3.Select multiple documents.

4.Tap Download on the contextual menu.

Music:

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Music.

2.Select the Songs tab.

3.Tap Select Songs on the contextual menu.

4.Select multiple songs.

Photos:

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Photos.

2.Select the All Photos tab.

3.Tap Select Photos on the contextual menu.

4.Select multiple photos.

Videos:

1.Open the navigation menu and tap Videos.

2.Select the All Videos tab.

3.Tap Select Videos on the contextual menu.

4.Select multiple videos.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

The Verizon cloud feature is a great tool to use. Let's make sure you are all set. Here is a link to help with the process How to Use Guide: Verizon Cloud | Verizon Wireless. This will give you step by step information on how to transfer files.

0 Likes
coyotemutt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too would like to have Verizon Cloud as my primary cloud due to my lifestyle and preference.  I need to have all of my paid computer/phone subscriptions on one bill.

It is not "tricky" to put folders into the Verizon Cloud.  That answer is not honest. The answer to the question is NO, it is not possible to transfer entire folders into the Verizon Cloud.  Nor is it possible to create folders in Verizon Cloud.  These are the most fundamental features of any file system. 

Now my question is, why is it not possible and when will it be possible?

Re: Is there a way to upload an entire folder, containing several files, to the Cloud?
coyotemutt
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, it is NOT POSSIBLE.  Also, there is no way to create folders in Verizon Cloud.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly submit your feedback to our leadership team regarding the Verizon Cloud. In the meantime, the link above will provide you with all the ways you can manage your Cloud content.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

@TMNBOSS you don't say how your backing up things from your cloud to your computer.  My personal prefrence is to use the PC/Mac app instead of the web browser because I can select a folder I want backed up and any time I move something to that folder it will back it up for me.

The cloud apps don't have a folder structure when you view photos/videos/audio/documents but when you backup using the backup function of the desktop app, it will retain the folder hierarchy for you should you ever need to restore the content back to your computer.

More information can be found at:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/#using-desktop-app

and how to tell the PC app to backup from folder(s)

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78860/

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

@TamaraH_VZW  - These are the instructions for backing up from a mobile device.  

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78860/ is how to do it from the desktop app on a computer.

0 Likes