How do you close down apps?
LYNCOL38

I know on an iphone to close out all the apps I have used for the day, I double click the home button and swipe all the open apps upward to get rid of them.  How do you do this on a droid??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do you close down apps?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually closing all the applications can do more harm than good on an android device . The system actively manages the resources including keeping the applications you using most in a suspended mode for easy recall when you next need the application. If you haven't used an application for a while, its resources are removed from the RAM memory in favor of the applications you are using.  If you close or shutdown all of the past applications you use , the OS is forced to load all the applications it thinks you might need.

To answer your question , it is the square button on the right side of the home button that lists all your recent applications. You swipe them off the screen to clear them from the recent list.

Screenshot_2016-10-26-17-37-22.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do you close down apps?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually closing all the applications can do more harm than good on an android device . The system actively manages the resources including keeping the applications you using most in a suspended mode for easy recall when you next need the application. If you haven't used an application for a while, its resources are removed from the RAM memory in favor of the applications you are using.  If you close or shutdown all of the past applications you use , the OS is forced to load all the applications it thinks you might need.

To answer your question , it is the square button on the right side of the home button that lists all your recent applications. You swipe them off the screen to clear them from the recent list.

Screenshot_2016-10-26-17-37-22.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes