Can I mute individual conversations on the Verizon messages app?
JROBI31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I mute individual conversations on the Verizon messages app using an iPhone 6??? i have searched and searched for this answer but I cannot find it regarding iPhones, only androids. I don't see a mute conversation option on the app. I don't want to turn notifications off for the entire app, just specific conversations when multiple texts are coming in back to back. Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I mute individual conversations on the Verizon messages app using an iPhone 6???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JROBI31, I understand your concern with wanting to mute the conversation. I have an iPhone and enjoy that feature with the regular messages application that comes on the phone. To review your concern a little further I downloaded the Verizon Messages application to my phone to see if there is a way to mute the conversation. Unfortunately it is not an option at this time. I encourage you to use the Send Feedback option via the Verizon Messages application on how to improve it. I made sure I did on my end as well. To send feedback tap the menu key in the upper left hand corner of the screen, scroll down, and tap on Send Feedback. We appreciate any feedback you will provide.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I mute individual conversations on the Verizon messages app using an iPhone 6???
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you open the app and you have a list of conversations, long press on the one you want to mute - you should get a list of options, and one is to mute that conversation.

0 Likes
JROBI31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply Suzy but that option is not available on my iPhone. I noticed people with Androids were being told to do that I will try to attach a photo of what I see when I do that.

JROBI31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok when I long press on a specific conversation from the home screen I get this option to read or delete it, no mute option:

IMG_5652.JPG

Then if I enter a conversation and press the three dots on the right it says schedule messages or edit conversation. When I click edit conversation the same options apply.

IMG_5655.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

Please let me know if there's any way to correct this and MUTE a specific conversation.  Thanks so much!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JROBI31, I understand your concern with wanting to mute the conversation. I have an iPhone and enjoy that feature with the regular messages application that comes on the phone. To review your concern a little further I downloaded the Verizon Messages application to my phone to see if there is a way to mute the conversation. Unfortunately it is not an option at this time. I encourage you to use the Send Feedback option via the Verizon Messages application on how to improve it. I made sure I did on my end as well. To send feedback tap the menu key in the upper left hand corner of the screen, scroll down, and tap on Send Feedback. We appreciate any feedback you will provide.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JROBI31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much TionnaB! I will definitely send feedback!

0 Likes