how to remove call barring
SANDYAAH

im in costa rica and cannot make or receive international calls.  I am unable to remove call barring.  what can I do other than make calls through WIFI?

0 Likes
Re: how to remove call barring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your device while traveling is a must, SANDYAHH. Let's get this issue resolved so you can get back to enjoying your trip. What happens when you try to make a call? Did you set up any international features prior to your trip?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
XIDIMAPI

This happened to me in a rather nice hotel in New Delhi, which was unexpected. After talking with three people at the front desk who knew nothing about the concept, the third found an Assistant Manager who apologized and said that specific hotel (part of a chain) didn't control that part of the system. He wasn't sure if it was a hotel company or India Telecom thing but he suggested rebooting the phone and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi. That has worked twice and it's a minor annoyance but better than the international call charges.

0 Likes
kkrish11

This is  correct.  I got the International Travel Pass before I left the US.  When I came to India, restarted the phone and I was able to use it to dial out for a few days in Mumbai/  I was automatically connected to Airtel there.

Then came to Chennai where I got connected automatically to Vodafone but after that I consistently got the message, the outgoing call facility is currently not available, please contact customer care.   Not sure which customer care I should contact but maybe using the Verizon Travel pass is not a good option for India because of Indian limitations.

Very annoying...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your device while traveling internationally is very important and we want to ensure that everything is still working like it should for you, kkrish11.  Are you still traveling internationally?  If so, what make and model device do you have?  You can also try manually searching for another carrier to see if the issue carries over or if it starts working.

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes