Can I restore my original contacts list?
Torqueflite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have lost about half my contacts and all of the icons associated with the ones that remain. Is there some way I can restore my original Contacts list from the cloud? This is a Sony Xperia z3v. Thanks.

Melanie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lost some not all contacts
Torqueflite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly, it cannot be fixed because it was not backed up to the cloud or google. Somehow I accidentally overwrote the phone contacts with gmail contacts. Without a backup I must reenter contacts manually. My thanks to Juanita at Verizon Support for patiently walking me through all of the options. Verizon customers can call *611 for direct assistance.

Thanks for answering my inquiry here as well.

MELANIE

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know where the contacts are being synced to?  Google or Verizon Cloud or another account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Torqueflite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly, it cannot be fixed because it was not backed up to the cloud or google. Somehow I accidentally overwrote the phone contacts with gmail contacts. Without a backup I must reenter contacts manually. My thanks to Juanita at Verizon Support for patiently walking me through all of the options. Verizon customers can call *611 for direct assistance.

Thanks for answering my inquiry here as well.

MELANIE

0 Likes