Why Does Bluetooth Automatically Answer Calls When Driving?
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I'm driving and a call comes in through the bluetooth, the phone automatically answers without accepting.  It displays Accept or Ignore on the vehicle screen but automatically accepts the call.  In other words, you cannot reject the call.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Uconnect Bluetooth Automatically Answers Calls w/o Option to Regect When Driving
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears that the issue may be due to a setting under System>Accessibility>Answering and Ending Calls.  When turned on, you need to say Answer or Reject, which I assume is based solely on Bluetooth devices.  If I find this not to be the case, I will re-open the issue.

Thank you

T.C.

View solution in original post

Re: Uconnect Bluetooth Automatically Answers Calls w/o Option to Regect When Driving
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is indeed alarming to hear, mstjazzy59. You should definitely have the option to accept or decline the call. When did this start happening? Has there been any recent changes?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I would turn off driving mode on your phone.

0 Likes
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been doing it for probably 9 months or more, it's even possible that its been since I got my Galaxy 6 Edge Plus.  At first I didn't pay much attention, then one day I received several calls one right after the other and I just wanted to be left alone.  It would happen, then by the time I'd get home I'd forget about it.  I've had time lately to go online and look but didn't find anything.  I thought there may have been a setting on the phone or something that was switched after an update.  I haven't been driving much recently so forgot I had reached out for a solution.

Thanks!

0 Likes
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee

mstjazzy59, We will get your Bluetooth working as it should. Does this happen to others that connect to your car's Bluetooth? Have you tested with other Bluetooth devices?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried this but unfortunately the problem still exists.

0 Likes
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will attempt to test with another device this weekend and will add the results as soon as the process has completed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mstjazzy59, we're not going to give up on this. Can you have someone else attempt to connect their phone to your car's bluetooth and test to see if it happens to them too? This will let us know if it is a problem with the bluetooth or with your phone specifically.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't have Driving Mode turned on, but thank you for reading and responding.  I believe it had to do with a different setting on the phone under System Accessibility>Answering and Ending Calls.

0 Likes
mstjazzy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears that the issue may be due to a setting under System>Accessibility>Answering and Ending Calls.  When turned on, you need to say Answer or Reject, which I assume is based solely on Bluetooth devices.  If I find this not to be the case, I will re-open the issue.

Thank you

T.C.