How do I install Verizon Messages on my Moto X?
Tom075

I have iPhone 6 as my Verizon phone. I installed the Message+ app on it and also on iPad Air2 and I can read text messages on both. However, when I installed android app on Moto X Pure the subscribe screen for linking to primary number does not come up at installation. I go back to settings menu and try selecting Subscribe and a screen flashes quickly then goes to an empty messaging page. I cannot find a way to link the app on the Moto to my primary Verizon number. Is there another way to link? Please help. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ app how to subscribe on Moto X Pure
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tom075 wrote:

... Is the app not supported on the Moto X Pure running Android 6.0?

The app is not supported on more than one phone per line, regardless of what the other phone is, activated or not.  If you were using the Moto X Pure as your phone, attached to a Verizon account with an associated phone number, then you could use it for Messages +, and sync devices to that phone number. 

The messages app sees the device as a phone, and will attempt to set it up using the phone number of that device, and will not sync with Messages + on another phone (hence, it will not ask for a phone number).

Hope it makes sense, even if it's not what you wanted to hear.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Messages+ will only work on one phone, and other "devices" (computer, tablet, etc...).  If you install it on a phone it will try to use that phone's associated number. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tom075, the advice from SuxyQ is spot on. I want to make sure we understand the issue at hand completely. You should always subscribe to Verizon Messages+ on the phone first. After that is setup you should be able to download and register to Verizon Messages+ on the iPad. When doing this it should ask for your phone number. Once you log in using your phone number the messages should sync from that moment forward. Is this the process you took to sync both devices?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tom075

1. Yes, I successfully downloaded Message+ and setup on my Verizon iPhone.

2. Yes, I successfully downloaded on iPad and upon installation it asked me for the phone number to subscribe to so these first two devices are synced.

3. THE PROBLEM is that I am trying to use a second phone (Moto X Pure on a UK sim with US roaming). I downloaded Message+ and it does not ask for phone number like on the iPad. I tried taking sim card out so only on Wifi (like the iPad) but upon app re-installation it still did not ask me for phone number. Is the app not supported on the Moto X Pure running Android 6.0?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to read that you are able to use the Message+ app on your Verizon iPhone and iPad, Tom075. We appreciate you trying the steps that you have noted thus far. If the number that you want touse and view messages is not active on the phone then it will not work. You are able to access the desktop version of our webite, www.verizonwireless.com. There, you can log in and view messages just as you would be on a computer.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tom075 wrote:

... Is the app not supported on the Moto X Pure running Android 6.0?

The app is not supported on more than one phone per line, regardless of what the other phone is, activated or not.  If you were using the Moto X Pure as your phone, attached to a Verizon account with an associated phone number, then you could use it for Messages +, and sync devices to that phone number. 

The messages app sees the device as a phone, and will attempt to set it up using the phone number of that device, and will not sync with Messages + on another phone (hence, it will not ask for a phone number).

Hope it makes sense, even if it's not what you wanted to hear.

0 Likes