Does the Galaxy S7 use the same Micro SD Card as the Galaxy S4?
WALPER80

Just upgraded from the S4 to the S7. Can I just swap out the micro card (Micro SD HC 16GB) from the S4 and put it in the S7?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the Galaxy S7 use the same Micro Card as the Galaxy S4?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe, but to be on the safe side, I would copy the contents of the card to my computer.  Then insert the card in the new phone...it MAY reformat it for use in the new phone which will erase everything.  And it may not, and yo uare good to go.  In either case, you have a backup on your computer.

If it does erase the card, then you can put the card back into your computer, look at the folders the phone created, and then move your backed up content back into the proper folders on the reformatted card so the new phone can see them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does the Galaxy S7 use the same Micro Card as the Galaxy S4?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe, but to be on the safe side, I would copy the contents of the card to my computer.  Then insert the card in the new phone...it MAY reformat it for use in the new phone which will erase everything.  And it may not, and yo uare good to go.  In either case, you have a backup on your computer.

If it does erase the card, then you can put the card back into your computer, look at the folders the phone created, and then move your backed up content back into the proper folders on the reformatted card so the new phone can see them.

0 Likes