Why doesn't my daughter get text messages when she is out of data?
jenn122

Ok so here's the scoop. My daughters iPhone will not get text messages regular texts not iMessages when she's out of data. I seem to be able to get her messages but she doesn't get mine back until she gets on wifi or gets more data (I have her limited on data via family base) I don't get this. My plan has unlimited text messages is that only active while when have data left? I have her phone set to send messages as Text if wifi not available.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6s not getting text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenn122, that is a wonderful question. I want to make sure that your daughter is getting all of her text messages. iMessage is a feature on the phone that would require data access for the messages to be received. But, there is something that I would like for you to check on your daughters phone. If you go into her Settings, Messages, Send/Receive, is there a check mark next to your daughters mobile number and an e-mail address? If so, please have it select just the mobile number. Once that is done, please try to re-send her a text message. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6s not getting text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenn122, that is a wonderful question. I want to make sure that your daughter is getting all of her text messages. iMessage is a feature on the phone that would require data access for the messages to be received. But, there is something that I would like for you to check on your daughters phone. If you go into her Settings, Messages, Send/Receive, is there a check mark next to your daughters mobile number and an e-mail address? If so, please have it select just the mobile number. Once that is done, please try to re-send her a text message. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes