The voice input microphone is missing from my keyboard. How do I find it?
dtederick

Hello,

After the newest Android update I can't find the microphone on my message plus screen. I have tried the following without any success:

• I have already double checked the Android Keyboard Settings for Voice Input Key.  It's currently set for "On Main Keyboard".  I've tried changing it to "On Symbols Keyboard" and that doesn't work either.
  • I  cleared out information about the messaging application. Went to settings > application manager > all > messaging > clear data and force stop. Then power cycle your phone and retest.
  • Went to settings, app manager, select all at the top.  See if you have anything that says keyboard, android keyboard or voice search/commands and try clearing the data/force stop.

Any other suggestions for me?

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The voice input microphone is missing from my keyboard.  How do I find it?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long-press the key to the right of the Sym key; if you haven't used it yet, it should be a gear (for Settings).  Once you long-press it, you'll get a pop-up that allows you to toggle the microphone, clipboard, emoji, and settings.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long-press the key to the right of the Sym key; if you haven't used it yet, it should be a gear (for Settings).  Once you long-press it, you'll get a pop-up that allows you to toggle the microphone, clipboard, emoji, and settings.

Re: The voice input microphone is missing from my keyboard. How do I find it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how helpful it is to speech to text on your phone, dtederick. Let’s get this mystery solved and locate your microphone. Thank you so much for checking into your settings already. We would like to check a few other settings to make sure this feature is turned on. Please select Settings > Language and input > Default keyboard > Set up input methods > Google voice typing > On. Please let us know if you are able to speech to text.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dtederick

,tikibar1

You NAILED it!! Thank you!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes