How can I get my iPhone 6 to pair with my Honda CRV?
kdoconn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I traded my iPhone 5c with a iPhone 6 and now I can't pair it with my 2013 Honda Cr-V.  any way I can do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Honda CRV won't pair with my iPhone 6. How can I do that?
Weth
Legend

According to Honda, with the 2013 CRV the iPhone 5c is supported for your model year, but not the iPhone 6. 

HandsFreelink

However, this person seemed to get it working:

I own a 2013 CRV and had an iPhone 4s when I got it.  The dealership paired the phone and car for me and that was that - no problems.

Recently, my wife and I purcheased iPhone 6's and I have not been able to get the 6 to "talk" on Bluetooth with my 2013 CRV... until today.

The solution is clearly described in a PDF located at:

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2013/CR-V/features/Bluetooth-HandsF reeLink

Scroll down to the part about adding a phone when another phone had previously been paired to the system.  That's the key, understanding that adding a phone when a different phone had previously been paired to the car's system requires a new process.  I was going crazy trying to use the "Phone" button on the dash and then trying to add a new phone by choosing "Yes" when it prompted "Connect to a phone..."  That won't work.

You flick the little button you normally flick to initiate a hands-free call, and that starts the process.  You pick "Phone Setup" then "Add a new phone" and then you enter in the code 0000 and then you're done.  Simple as that.

Attribute: PCOrbanes at Apple forum iphone 6 connectivity issues 2013 Honda CR-V | Apple Support Communities

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

According to Honda, with the 2013 CRV the iPhone 5c is supported for your model year, but not the iPhone 6. 

HandsFreelink

However, this person seemed to get it working:

I own a 2013 CRV and had an iPhone 4s when I got it.  The dealership paired the phone and car for me and that was that - no problems.

Recently, my wife and I purcheased iPhone 6's and I have not been able to get the 6 to "talk" on Bluetooth with my 2013 CRV... until today.

The solution is clearly described in a PDF located at:

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2013/CR-V/features/Bluetooth-HandsF reeLink

Scroll down to the part about adding a phone when another phone had previously been paired to the system.  That's the key, understanding that adding a phone when a different phone had previously been paired to the car's system requires a new process.  I was going crazy trying to use the "Phone" button on the dash and then trying to add a new phone by choosing "Yes" when it prompted "Connect to a phone..."  That won't work.

You flick the little button you normally flick to initiate a hands-free call, and that starts the process.  You pick "Phone Setup" then "Add a new phone" and then you enter in the code 0000 and then you're done.  Simple as that.

Attribute: PCOrbanes at Apple forum iphone 6 connectivity issues 2013 Honda CR-V | Apple Support Communities

0 Likes
kdoconn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello back! I just tried your method and it worked! I may have to select my phone each time - I don't know if it will automatically work, but at least I can pair it! I REALLY want to be hands-free with the phone. thank you SO much for your help!

KadieDate: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 14:22:57 -0700

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, kdoconn. Are you trying to use the Car Play feature on the iPhone 6? Was your old device connected to your car?
RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kdoconn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the phone to pair using the method described by Weth.

thank you!

KadieDate: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 14:30:54 -0700