phone stops working and turns off automatically, has plenty of battery life left !
cndnflyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

anyone else having this issue ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone stops working and turns off automatically, has plenty of battery life left !
Spygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did that and I had to replace the battery. It was turning itself off randomly at 20%,  40%, or even 60% battery left (not those exact numbers but around there). The battery life had progressively gotten really short a while before it started turning itself off, and I had had to charge it a few times a day. When I took the old battery out, it had a small bulge in it. The phone had also been overheating.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: phone stops working and turns off automatically, has plenty of battery life left !
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cndnflyer,

Help is here! We don’t want for this trouble to continue, so let’s get this resolved quickly. What make & model phone do you have? When did this issue start to happen? Do you notice if the phone shuts off when you are doing anything in particular? Do you have the most up to date software?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cndnflyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have a Samsung Galaxy S 4, started happening in last few weeks. Happens at

infrequent time,ie at no particular time.

Daniel Poirier

On Mar 25, 2016 11:02, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there cndnflyer! Let's get to the bottom of this. When it started happening, what changes were made to the device? Things such as updates or new apps? How often does it do this? Let's try to put the device into safe mode. Press and hold the power button> when the menu with power options comes up, press and hold power off> another window will pop up asking if you want to restart in safe mode> Press yes. Then we want to test the phone while it is in safe mode.
LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Spygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did that and I had to replace the battery. It was turning itself off randomly at 20%,  40%, or even 60% battery left (not those exact numbers but around there). The battery life had progressively gotten really short a while before it started turning itself off, and I had had to charge it a few times a day. When I took the old battery out, it had a small bulge in it. The phone had also been overheating.

0 Likes
cndnflyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having sames issues, I replaced thew battery yesterday so we'll see

if that correct the problem.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the feedback, cndflyer. We want to make sure that your device is up and running with no issues. Please make sure to keep us posted on the outcome with the new battery.

KevinRR_VZW

0 Likes