return policy
brobinette64

I just got a turbo 2 last week and am not impressed. I know you have a 14day return policy but my account is past due and I am not able to pay until the end of the month. Would I still be able to come in before the 14days and trade the phone for something else if I wanted without having to pay my past due? Otherwise the return window would be over by the time I pay my bill.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: return policy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brobinette64,

We're sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your new device. If there's anything we can do to help with that, please do let us know. With regards to completing an exchange... you do have to be current to complete any equipment sales. An exchange is going to be included in that process for all transactions completed by customer service. If you got your phone in a store, I would recommend calling them at the number on your receipt to see if they can do an exchange for you while past due, as that may vary depending on the location you purchased at. If an exchange is not possible, you may also wish to ask about a simple return. Then get a new phone later after the bill is current. If you got your phone at a store, but don't have their number, you can look them up here: http://vz.to/1E2tKhg

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I believe your account needs to be current because to upgrade or buy on installment, or any other way other than upfront full price you can have no past due balance.  Since you would be returning a phone to get another phone this would probably be the case, plus you'd need to pay the restocking fee.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brobinette64,

We're sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your new device. If there's anything we can do to help with that, please do let us know. With regards to completing an exchange... you do have to be current to complete any equipment sales. An exchange is going to be included in that process for all transactions completed by customer service. If you got your phone in a store, I would recommend calling them at the number on your receipt to see if they can do an exchange for you while past due, as that may vary depending on the location you purchased at. If an exchange is not possible, you may also wish to ask about a simple return. Then get a new phone later after the bill is current. If you got your phone at a store, but don't have their number, you can look them up here: http://vz.to/1E2tKhg

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brobinette64

Since I obviously won't be able to get the 14 day return would I be able to trade it with someone maybe on Craigslist for a different phone or is that not possible since it's on a payment plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brobinette64, we definitely understand where you are coming from. If you decide to do that, the monthly installment will still be billed to the account until its paid off. I’d recommend not to go that route because if you upgrade and if you are required to turn in the device, you may get charge a non return fee for the device. Have you tried calling the store location where you got the device? If so, what happened?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Turning in the phone on a DPP is only required if they are trading in on promo.

0 Likes