Why won't my computer recognize my S7?
StevenSF

When I connect my S7 by the Samsung cord and USB/microUSB, the device does not appears on my Windows 7 laptop.

Tech support had me turn on USB debugging, had me download a Driver to my PC from Samsung, said a few incantations, yet still it does not pick up my phone.....I'd like to connect the two.

(To get my phone photos to Picasa I have uploaded to Google Drive from phone and now I am downloading from Drive to my PC, then I will be able to edit them on Picasa.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 Not recognized by PC
FRIX57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been battling windows 10 usb computer access to my S7 ever since Samsung pushed out their latest os Nougat - usb debugging, other add-on software like Samsung Sidesync, removing and re-installing samsung usb drivers -  I tried everything with no success. 

I tried installing Samsung Smart Switch and it still wouldn't recognize my phone.  Finally, I started switching my usb cables and found a genuine Samsung cable.  As soon as I plugged in the Samsung cable, voila, my Samsung S7 was recognized in Explorer.

SOLVED - finally !!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

Super easy. After you connect to computer swipe down on the phone screen and select the USB options and switch to the top option. You computer will then connect

0 Likes
StevenSF

That is the method that is in the manual, I understand, yet when I plug in and scroll down from the top --the icons I see do not include a USB option (I see Wifi,Location,Mute,Auto-rotate,Bluetooth,Airplane Mode, Mobile Hotsopt, Do NOt Diturb, U.Power Savings, Flashlight,Mobile Data, Power Savings, Private Mode, Smart View, NFC, Sync, Always ON Display, and SFinder.

Below those icons is Quick Connect (Bluetooth) which my PC is not

Where do I find this USB Options that you suggest?

0 Likes
FRIX57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been battling windows 10 usb computer access to my S7 ever since Samsung pushed out their latest os Nougat - usb debugging, other add-on software like Samsung Sidesync, removing and re-installing samsung usb drivers -  I tried everything with no success. 

I tried installing Samsung Smart Switch and it still wouldn't recognize my phone.  Finally, I started switching my usb cables and found a genuine Samsung cable.  As soon as I plugged in the Samsung cable, voila, my Samsung S7 was recognized in Explorer.

SOLVED - finally !!!

0 Likes