Do I still need a mi-fi if my device is a mobile hotspot?
Mleroy416
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now that I can access my personal hotspot with my iPhone 6s, do I still need my mifi?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hotspot vs mifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mleroy416,

Great question! I don't want you to spend more than you have to. However, that would depend on your personal preferences. Having the MiFi provides flexiblity to do as you need with your phone. Where as once you get a call your data connection would end until you were off the phone, but if you still have the MiFi you can use both at the same time.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mleroy416,

Great question! I don't want you to spend more than you have to. However, that would depend on your personal preferences. Having the MiFi provides flexiblity to do as you need with your phone. Where as once you get a call your data connection would end until you were off the phone, but if you still have the MiFi you can use both at the same time.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Weth
Legend

Depends what you need it for. In most cases, you don't need the mifi any longer. The fact you are asking tells me you likely don't.

One correction to Jasper VZW, since you have a iPhone 6s, if you get a call and you have HD Voice active (LTE voice and data turned on in settings) and in an LTE area, your data connection will not end.