cloud not synching contacts
BubbaMagrew

I just started using Verizon Cloud with my Lumia Icon. It's backing up everything but my Contacts, even though I have selected that Contacts be included in my backups. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, did you find a way to solve the problem? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cloud not synching contacts
BrandyF
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue on my Note 4. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrandyF and BubbaMagrew, having all of your contacts backed up is very important. I know that you both have different devices. Are you getting any kind of error messages when you try to back up the phone? Have you been able to back up your contacts before in the past? Please provide me with some details. Looking forward to working with you both.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BubbaMagrew

No, it just backs everything else up and skips the Contacts altogether, yet says the back-up is completed successfully. (and yes, I have Contacts selected to be backed up.)

What's even stranger is that I have two Documents backed up. When I click on the Documents section of my Cloud interface on the phone, it gives me no choice of which of the two documents to open; it opens a single Document file, and in that file is an alpha list that contains each of my Contacts. Each Contact's name is followed with .contact as though "contact" is a file extension.  If I try to open one of the Contacts, it says that Cloud can't open that type of file. That same Document file contains in that alpha list several old Word doc attachments from my phone's Office app. (I've blacked out names in the image below.)

wp_ss_20160322_0001.jpg     wp_ss_20160322_0002.jpg

0 Likes
tntnik

I have a Note 4 as well and have been getting an error message each morning 'Cloud contacts backup failed!' but that's it. It says nothing else and I can't figure out how to fix it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your contacts backed up is critical, tntnik. Are your contacts set up to back up to the Verizon Cloud? They may be set up to back up to Google services. Lets check. Please go to Contacts, then click the three dots in the upper left and choose Settings. Click on Contacts and then Contacts to Display. Lets make sure it is set up to All contacts. Then run your Verizon Cloud again.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tntnik

I just tried what you suggested and it still failed Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is strange BubbaMagrew. We are not giving up. We will get your contact to back up so they are safe in the cloud. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Verizon Cloud? When you do the back up are you connected to wifi or are you doing it over mobile data? Is it a possibility that your contact are saved to your email account and not your phones storage? 

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BubbaMagrew

Hello - To answer your questions:

Yes, I've tried uninstalling/re-installing Verizon Cloud.

I am connected to my home wifi when I do my backups.

How do I find where my contacts are saved? I have a number of accounts from which the contacts on my phone are merged, including a Microsoft account, Facebook and Outlook.com,

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tntnik, we certainly would not want you to lose any personal information. Contacts can only be stored in one specific location on Windows Mobile. Go to www.outlook.com/contacts to view if your contacts are stored. Facebook by default automatically store any contacts with from that account.
AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes