Why do I sometimes hear static electricity from my device?
slh1078
Enthusiast - Level 2

Increasingly my phone is generating static when I touch it as well as generating static interference in the speaker. This is a Moto X 2014. I have the most recent OS installed. This doesn't happen all of the time, but often enough that it's very annoying and concerning.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: static electricity
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slh1078,
I’m all too familiar with static electricity. The winter definitely seems to make it worse since the air in most places is so dry. Let’s find out more details here. What zip code are you in? Since this isn’t happening all the time, is it mostly happening at your home? Or at multiple locations?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slh1078,
I’m all too familiar with static electricity. The winter definitely seems to make it worse since the air in most places is so dry. Let’s find out more details here. What zip code are you in? Since this isn’t happening all the time, is it mostly happening at your home? Or at multiple locations?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
slh1078
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in 43221. And you are correct, as the weather has gotten warmer the occurrences of this problem have diminished.

0 Likes