not able to end a call due to the screen going black
Blackhawkjjh

My Lumia Icon screen goes black/blank as soon as i initiate or answer a call and does not come back on when i'm finished with the call so i can end it.  The only solution i have currently is to restart my phone by holding down the power button.  I've seen others have had this issue... is there a fix?  Maybe a firmware update??  i'm on OS build: 10.0.10586.36.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not able to end a call due to the screen going black
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blackhawkjjh,
We’ll work to solve this together here.  I did some research on this matter for you and we want to be sure that we get this resolved. Do you by chance, happen to have a screen protector on your phone?  I see that this has been a bit of an issue with what your describing. Please let us know. Also, when did this start happening?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blackhawkjjh

Hi Erin - This issue started happening quite some time ago (6 months +). I thought it was maybe just a bug a fix would be released for it, but after multiple updates to my phone, nothing has resolved the issue. I do not have a screen protector.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blackhawkjjh,

That's 6 months + too long. Let's be sure there ins't anything else that may be causing the display concern. Please verify that there isn't any liquid or physical damage that may be contribuiting to this. Here's how to check: http://vz.to/1FAmX2E.

Additionally, are there any cases on the device? Have you tried using the device without them? What happens?

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blackhawkjjh

I had replied to this via email but it apparently didn't update anything. 

There is no liquid or physical damage. 

There is no case

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blackhawkjjh, I am glad to know that there isn’t any liquid or physical damage to the phone. Let’s keep digging to get down to the root cause of the issue. Does this happen if you try to initiate the call on speaker phone? Try initiating a call with headphones plugged in, do you have the same outcome?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blackhawkjjh

With headphones plugged in the screen does NOT go black when initiating a call. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blackhawkjjh, I am so glad that the phone screen does not go black when the headphones are in. Does it happen when you are in speakerphone?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blackhawkjjh

i'm not able to get to the call screen to turn speakerphone on since the screen goes black when initiating a call before i get to that screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying. Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all, I will send you a Private Message momentarily.
AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes