How do I change the ringtone for outgoing calls?
Capt-Dave
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason I once again have the default classical music ringtone for a contact since I upgraded to a Galaxy S6. I can't find how to change it to a different ringtone that I have. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change ringtone for outgoing calls
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't change it - when you call them, you are hearing THEIR ringback tone, which they have to set up in their account.

Unless I'm still misunderstanding the issue...

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm confused...do you mean ringBACK tones?  When a contact calls you, they hear the default classical music ringback tone?

You said OUTGOING calls though - are you hearing the default classical music when you call other people?

Please clarify whether you care asking about ringback tones (what callers hear when they call you) or ringtones (the sound you hear when people call you).

Ringback tones are managed from your MyVerizon account online and yo are limited to the selection Verizon has.  You can't use your own ringtones as ringbacks.  Ringtones are managed from within your contacts list on your phone.

Capt-Dave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like I stated, I have1 contact that when I call them, I hear the default classical

Music ringtone instead of the normal ringtone. I had this happen on my old phone and was able to change it. Now I have upgraded to a Galaxy S6 and its doing it again but can't find out how to change it.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't change it - when you call them, you are hearing THEIR ringback tone, which they have to set up in their account.

Unless I'm still misunderstanding the issue...

Capt-Dave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting, Now that you say that, I seem to recall that now. THANKS! 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Capt-Dave, we appreciate your those details. Based on what you've said, it sounds like that contact has a Ringback Tone set up on their wireless line. That contact will need to disable or remove that feature from their line in order to remove that classical music that you hear when calling them. For more details regarding the Ringback Tone feature, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/ringback-tones/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes