What is the difference between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s?
MINC

What is the difference between Iphone 6 and 6S?  Is it just the siri feature?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: difference between iphone 6 and iphone 6s
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As mentioned, 3D Touch is one difference. The 6s/6s Plus has a 12 mp main camera and a 5 mp FaceTime camera versus the 8 mp main camera and 1.2 mp FaceTime camera on the 6/6 plus. The chips are different (A9 on 6s/6s plus, A8 on 6/6 plus). There are some other things but the big ones tend to be the chip, camera, and 3D Touch.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely understand your interest in understanding the difference between devices, MINC. I've provided a link here which allow to easily review the difference between the devices iPhone models here: http://apple.co/1idUkL0
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The biggest difference is 3D touch.

iPhone 6s - 3D Touch - Apple

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As mentioned, 3D Touch is one difference. The 6s/6s Plus has a 12 mp main camera and a 5 mp FaceTime camera versus the 8 mp main camera and 1.2 mp FaceTime camera on the 6/6 plus. The chips are different (A9 on 6s/6s plus, A8 on 6/6 plus). There are some other things but the big ones tend to be the chip, camera, and 3D Touch.

LDsay
Enthusiast - Level 2

3D touch is one, also with a very small pool of cases, they have trouble fitting due to the millimeter size difference. Typically with iPhones, we have come to expect the S series to have the same body type with more internal hardware improvements that don't change the body style. When you get into the next number series, you're looking at a reinvention of the body type and should expect to purchase new cases.