Why am I getting a "no SIM card" message?
Drtjb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is my iPhone 5C showing a "No SIM" message? And how to correct?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM failure
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried reseating the SIM card?  In other words, turn off the phone, remove the SIM card for a minute or so, then reinsert it, turn the phone back on, and allow a fresh network connection to be established.  If that doesn't work, you may need a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service (although you may be charged a shipping fee if it's mailed).

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried reseating the SIM card?  In other words, turn off the phone, remove the SIM card for a minute or so, then reinsert it, turn the phone back on, and allow a fresh network connection to be established.  If that doesn't work, you may need a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service (although you may be charged a shipping fee if it's mailed).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drtjb-

I know that the SIM card is essential to making a phone function normally, so I want to get to the bottom of this so you can start your New Year on a positive note. How long has your phone been displaying this message? What changes have you made to the phone (if any) in the last few days?
AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!D

0 Likes
Drtjb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. Remove/ reinsert card worked. Thank you tilbar. Still think ill get new card though. Thanks again! TB

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes