How do I turn Off cellular data?
SubVet644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

On the Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen), is there a way to keep the phone from using cellular data or a way to get it to prompt you to ask to use cellular data if wifi is not available?  If no wifi is available, I would like to know if the phone is relying on cellular data alone.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turn Off Cellular Data?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4G LTE symbol will be white with the arrows flashing white and gray.

To turn off the cellular data connection, go to Settings > Data Usage > toggle the slider next to the Cellular data line and touch the OK on the dialog box. You can also turn it off from the notification window.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4G LTE symbol will be white with the arrows flashing white and gray.

To turn off the cellular data connection, go to Settings > Data Usage > toggle the slider next to the Cellular data line and touch the OK on the dialog box. You can also turn it off from the notification window.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SubVet644
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's great!  Thank you.  I found the slider, but can you please explain a letter more where the "notification window" would be to turn it off there?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should also be explained in the user manual. It might useful to read it.    https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/101732/kw/User%20gui...

With one finger pull down the notification bar twice (or two fingers once). Touch the 4G LTE symbol in the quick settings. Touch the slider to turn on or off the cellular data connection.

SubVet644
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it.  Thanks again for all your help.

0 Likes