Can my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone's hotspot connect to a laptop?
kcarse

I recently bought a Windows Laptop and I want to know if I can use the hotspot on my Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone to connect my Laptop? I know it costs to do so, but I want to make sure I can do it!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone's Hot spot work on a Laptop Windows?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kcarse,

we want to make sure we fully address your concern. I do apologize for any confusion that we may have had. So we can make sure we are providing the most accurate information I would like to ask a few clarifying questions. So I am on the same page, you are looking to use your Galaxy device as a mobile hotspot (data connection) for your computer, correct?

If so the information previously provided in the last post can be very helpful to you. If you are looking to use your cellular device as a data conection for your computer, this is possible as long as your computer is wifi capable. This video may help you with the process... http://vz.to/20rKrQO

In order to make sure your device is ready to be used as a mobile hotspot we must make sure the necessary features are added onto your line.. What plan are you currently on? Some of our plans have access to free mobile hotspot.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Mobile Hotspot feature on your phone is such a convenient feature to keep you connected at all times kcarse. I am happy to inform that if your laptop has wifi, capabilities, you may use the hotspot on your phone to connect to data on your laptop. When using this feature on your phone, there may be additional cost or data usage depending on your calling plan. Which calling plan are you currently on?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kcarse

Thank you for the quick response, but I want to get my Laptop to connect to

my data on my Verizon account?

Kathy R Carse

On Nov 2, 2015 11:35 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kcarse,

we want to make sure we fully address your concern. I do apologize for any confusion that we may have had. So we can make sure we are providing the most accurate information I would like to ask a few clarifying questions. So I am on the same page, you are looking to use your Galaxy device as a mobile hotspot (data connection) for your computer, correct?

If so the information previously provided in the last post can be very helpful to you. If you are looking to use your cellular device as a data conection for your computer, this is possible as long as your computer is wifi capable. This video may help you with the process... http://vz.to/20rKrQO

In order to make sure your device is ready to be used as a mobile hotspot we must make sure the necessary features are added onto your line.. What plan are you currently on? Some of our plans have access to free mobile hotspot.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
kcarse

Thank you for the answer.

Kathy R Carse

On Nov 3, 2015 2:57 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes