Why is my battery draining so fast?
Osugurl

For the first month I owned this phone it worked great.  On day 31 I began to see serious battery drain with little to no use of the phone.  I also saw my free storage go from 60% down to 39% even after I deleted photos, videos, and apps that I did not need.  I have not downloaded any new apps or taken any new photos.  I really don't understand why this is happening.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery/storage
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My apologies for not giving accurate, clear directions, and not trying them myself first!!

This set of steps DOES work:

• Power off the DROID Turbo.
  • Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button for 3-5 seconds then release.
  • From the ‘Boot Mode Selection Menu’ screen, select Recovery mode.
  • Navigate by hitting volume up/down to scroll, and power to select.
  • From the ‘Android system recovery’ screen (Android figure lying on his back, No Command), press and hold the Power button then press and release the Volume Up button to display the menu options.
  • User volume up/down to navigate to and select wipe cache partition. (Do not select Wipe Data)
  • Let this finish then select reboot system now.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try a system cache clear. 

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will*not*delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off,*press*and hold*VOL*DOWN KEY*+*POWER*key*(simultaneously)*for*5 seconds*and then release both buttons.

2. The device will display*different*BOOT*OPTIONS

3. Use the*VOL DOWN*Key to SCROLL to*Recovery*and*VOL UP*Key to select*

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have*waited to long to make a selection, you*will need to begin the process again.*

4. The device will display*the*Motorola logo and then*the*Android in distress*( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the*VOL UP*key.*While still holding*the*VOL UP*key*tap and release the*POWER*key. Once you see the RED text at the top of the screen, release both buttons (should take only a second).

Tip: You can*try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are*stuck on step 5, try a*force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key until your device reboots, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in*BLUE)*

7. Use the*VOL DOWN*Key to scroll to*wipe*cache*partition*and the*POWER*Key to select*this*option

8.*The device will then perform*the partition wipe

9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

Look at the app manager and see which apps are storing a lot of info in the cache.

0 Likes
Osugurl

I cannot get pasted step 3. The volume up button just continues to scroll threw. I tried hitting the power button to select but that brings up a no command screen and after a few seconds the phone restarts.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My apologies for not giving accurate, clear directions, and not trying them myself first!!

This set of steps DOES work:

• Power off the DROID Turbo.
  • Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button for 3-5 seconds then release.
  • From the ‘Boot Mode Selection Menu’ screen, select Recovery mode.
  • Navigate by hitting volume up/down to scroll, and power to select.
  • From the ‘Android system recovery’ screen (Android figure lying on his back, No Command), press and hold the Power button then press and release the Volume Up button to display the menu options.
  • User volume up/down to navigate to and select wipe cache partition. (Do not select Wipe Data)
  • Let this finish then select reboot system now.