My droid razr maxx continuously turns on and off. It boots up and shows reception and message alerts at top but before I can do anything it keeps shutting down with 5 seconds of full boot up. There is not time to do anything before it shuts down again a
bbach56

My droid razr maxx continuously turns on and off.  It boots up and shows reception and message alerts at top but before I can do anything it keeps shutting down with 5 seconds of full boot up.  There is not time to do anything before it shuts down again.  The battery is charged.  It felt hot at the time it started doing this.  It has now been a day with the device off and the same result.  Any others experiencing this problem or know a solution?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My droid razr maxx continuously turns on and off.  It boots up and shows reception and message alerts at top but before I can do anything it keeps shutting down with 5 seconds of full boot up.  There is not time to do anything before it shuts down aga
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Re: My droid razr maxx continuously turns on and off.  It boots up and shows reception and message alerts at top but before I can do anything it keeps shutting down with 5 seconds of full boot up.  There is not time to do anything before it shuts down aga
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Re: My droid razr maxx continuously turns on and off. It boots up and shows reception and message alerts at top but before I can do anything it keeps shutting down with 5 seconds of full boot up. There is not time to do anything before it shuts down aga
CismIV
Enthusiast - Level 2

there has been at least 20 other people on this forum complaining about the same thing, myself included. Started yesterdy around 5pm est., From what I've read it's an issue that verizon knows about and is working on.... I know it doesn't help now, but t least you know its not you!

Re: My droid razr maxx continuously turns on and off. It boots up and shows reception and message alerts at top but before I can do anything it keeps shutting down with 5 seconds of full boot up. There is not time to do anything before it shuts down aga
tonymedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has been doing a reboot since the middle of summer. It just freezes and shuts down and restarts. Then it works fine for a day or two. Then does it again. The first sign that it is going to happen is the keyboard starts to freeze/lag while typing. Within a couple minutes it will crash.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you tried my suggestion?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your phone to snap out of it's tantrum. What are you doing on the phone when it restarts? Have you backed up your device to the Verizon Cloud as of yet and completed a Factory Reset?

NicholeKKKKKK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Richiek1

I did a data reset as suggested and it is in constant restart (never actual shows lock screen just shows red startup screen).

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My opinion is that the phone now has a need to be replaced.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the heads up Richiek1. We want you to get back up and running without any rebooting issues. Is there an physical or liquid damage on your Droid Razr Maxx? Are you experiencing the exact same issues as bbach56? If not then please elaborate. Also, please provide us with the software version that you have installed, if possible, on the device.

ArnettHHtHHtHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes