All of a sudden, I can't seem to save a photo from the internet to my phone. I used to just tap
suzyk727
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of a sudden, I can't seem to save a photo from the internet to my phone.  I used to just tap & hold & save... now nothing ??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: All of a sudden, I can't seem to save a photo from the internet to my phone.  I used to just tap
Snn5
Legend

I just tried myself on the new Google Now app.  Images cannot be saved.  I have long disliked the Google Now feature for results filters..rather the lack there of.  You have to either go to the page itself that hosts the image or download from the browser itself.

You CAN save from using the mobile browser.

(long press like always) Open the browser to google.com.

You CANNOT save from the Google Now app.

Screenshot_2015-09-15-14-24-54.pngScreenshot_2015-09-15-14-24-57.png

View solution in original post

Re: All of a sudden, I can't seem to save a photo from the internet to my phone. I used to just tap
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you haven't already I would restart your device.

If it's from chrome you are trying to save a photo I would delete the cache/history/data from Chrome and restart and try again.

0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden, I can't seem to save a photo from the internet to my phone. I used to just tap
suzyk727
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cleared my cache history and restarted, but it still gives me no options to save. 

0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden, I can't seem to save a photo from the internet to my phone.  I used to just tap
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm guessing then it is from chrome? I remember when something changed, I couldn't save a photo once I selected it, but from say google images where it was just a thumbnail I could. Have you tried both ways?

0 Likes
suzyk727
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes... maybe it has something to do with the new Google changes.  Here's a screenshot of what I see when I press on the photo.  It's almost as if a photo editing program automatically kicks in.

Screenshot_2015-09-15-14-30-37-1.jpg

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I just tried myself on the new Google Now app.  Images cannot be saved.  I have long disliked the Google Now feature for results filters..rather the lack there of.  You have to either go to the page itself that hosts the image or download from the browser itself.

You CAN save from using the mobile browser.

(long press like always) Open the browser to google.com.

You CANNOT save from the Google Now app.

Screenshot_2015-09-15-14-24-54.pngScreenshot_2015-09-15-14-24-57.png

suzyk727
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU!!