How do I restore deleted contacts?
klqst2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid MAXX is deleting my contacts.  The first time it happened, I only lost a couple of contacts, so I didn't worry about it.  Now I am concerned because my contract is up at the end of this month and I don't want to have to ask everyone I know for their phone numbers and email addresses.  I don't know why this is happening - my contacts were in my phone last night, but when I woke up this morning they were gone.  All of them.  None of my contacts show up in either Backup Assistant OR Verizon Cloud.  It's very frustrating.  Does anyone know why this is happening and is there any way for me to recover the contacts that I have lost?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid MAXX deleted my contacts overnight. HELP!
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Go to Verizon Cloud from a computer. Go into the trash can and restore all of the contacts the Cloud moved to trash, then run the sync from your phone.  After all of the contacts are on the phone change all of the contacts to google Contacts so Google will sync and back them up. Then after all are changed to Google Contacts and they are backed up to Google, delete all of the contacts from the Cloud

View solution in original post

travis23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep having the same problem with  new Maxx.    Loose one or two of the same contacts, frequently used ones and all the associated information.   I have backup assistant enabled and it even says that it is a saved contact but still lose it.   Have no idea what to do and cannot find any info to correct the problem.  Tried troubleshooting with no success.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Go to Verizon Cloud from a computer. Go into the trash can and restore all of the contacts the Cloud moved to trash, then run the sync from your phone.  After all of the contacts are on the phone change all of the contacts to google Contacts so Google will sync and back them up. Then after all are changed to Google Contacts and they are backed up to Google, delete all of the contacts from the Cloud

klqst2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you soooo much!!! Do you know how that happens or why it happens?  And how do I change my contacts so that they back up to google?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I am not sure how or why it happens but I have noticed a pattern that usually goes hand in hand with an OS update, but I could be very wrong on that.  As for changing them to Google contacts, the easiest way is to download an app (free) called Contacts Optimizer and you can change them all over to Google with the push of a button.

0 Likes