HTC Droid DNA - Cause Code 65535 Error Code 3
DVMShopGirl59

HTC Droid DNA - I have had unsuccessful SMS delivery - Cause Code 65535 Error Code 3 - off and on for the past 2 months. Phone numbers are in correct format (no "1" preceding the number) and I have restarted my phone countless times (even switching from wifi to mobile data). This is happening no matter where I am - home, traveling ,etc and it is very frustrating. I do know that some of the individuals use iPhones (diff carriers) but not all. Any advice because I am at my wits end.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Droid DNA - Cause Code 65535 Error Code 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DVMShopGirl59,

I understand wanting to get the messaging issue fixed. The use of text messaging is not linked to your Google account settings. Do you have a lot of messages saved in the conversation? Have you tried deleting some of the stored messages to see if you still have the trouble?

Also can you please try the following, on the phone go to  Settings>Power>Fast Boot and then unchecking the Fast Boot option. Please keep us posted.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DVMShopgirl59-

I am sure that must be frustrating so I completely understand how you feel. Let's gather some more information to get to the root cause and resolve this in a timely manner. When did issue begin? Happening with Android/iPhone users or both? Using native SMS app or a third party app? Any new software update/app download before issue started?

Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DVMShopGirl59

Hello - I'm using native SMS and it happens on both platforms. No new apps installed in the past four months - noticed it happening in April but more consistently happening on all msgs starting around July 19. Some eventually make it through (much later then when they were sent) but not all. I also had to have the SIM card replaced which took place on July 23.

Tracy Jackson

Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a stronger person. Remember that 'luck' is where preparation and opportunity meet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That clarification helps, DVMShopGirl59.

It has been a while since I've seen that error, however I do recall it popping up when you are trying to send a text in a weak coverage area.What zip code were you in when you tried to send it? What is the signal like when this occurs?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DVMShopGirl59

As noted previously this happens at home or outside the home. My postal code is 20706.

Tracy Jackson

Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a stronger person. Remember that 'luck' is where preparation and opportunity meet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I did check that zip code and it does show it is a weak coverage area. There are some areas within that zip code that may have weaker signal than others and may even be worse indoors.

What is the signal like when this occurs? Please also make sure the texting app is current.

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DVMShopGirl59

Wow - that has to be the worse selling point for me to stick with Verizon.

I use FIOS and others visiting my home (on Verizon and AT&T) have no issues

using my WiFi to send . I have the same issue outside of my home/zip code.

This happens with both WiFi and my data plan and when using the std msg app

and Verizon's msg app. Oh well guess this only supports my decision not to

move forward with renewing my contract.

Tracy

On Jul 31, 2015 11:01 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your messages back up and runnig DVMShopGirl59. We certainly do not want to lose you. Have we ever filed a Network Ticket with our engineers regarding this error message?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
DVMShopGirl59

Hello - Not to my knowledge. Going into the nearest location tomorrow to see about my phone upgrade but in the event I decide not to do so, I need the outgoing delivery of my SMS function fixed (since I can receive text from people). Is the use of SMS linked to my Google account settings?

Tracy Jackson

0 Likes
DVMShopGirl59

One additional note - not sure if it matters but I upgraded my FIOS internet services in July which is around the same time that my SMS started failing consistently. Since I use wifi when at home, not sure if that could be attributing to the failure (although when I switch to data the same happens so may not be related at all).

Tracy Jackson

0 Likes