Samsung Galaxy S4
kturner911

Pre-certified bought in February of this year.  Of course it has a 90 day warranty and I am at about double that!  This morning went to charge it and it won't charge or turn on.  Noticed a brown (almost like a burn mark) tint by the charger port on phone as well as what looks like a small melted area above the port on the back cover.  Phone was never left plugged into the charger. Phone will only give a short vibrate when on button pushed.  Any thoughts or ideas out there would be greatly appreciated.  Is this thing now a paperweight? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kturner911,

That is truly shocking and your safety is key. Please take the device and charger to the store as soon as is convenient to you. Click the link to find your nearest location www.vzw.com/storelocator

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kturner911

I should further say that I have tried two different chargers and numerous outlets just in case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kturner91,

A paperweight phone is never fun, let's look into this further. Have you tried a different charger? What happens when you press the volume down button and power key a the same time? Did you notice this happen after an application or update was installed?

KarenC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kturner911

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I tried two different chargers as well as a couple of outlets just in case.  I also tried the volume and power key with negative results.   I have tried taking the battery out, etc.  Nothing works at this time.  Somewhere when I plugged it in to charge (it was at 1%) and it woke me up from the smell, I think it fried itself.  The back is brown and melted and so is the charger. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kturner911,

That is truly shocking and your safety is key. Please take the device and charger to the store as soon as is convenient to you. Click the link to find your nearest location www.vzw.com/storelocator

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kturner911

Thank you SandyS_VZW for your response, but it wouldn't really do any good to take the phone to a Verizon store.  This was a refurbished phone purchased in February and they only come with a 90 day warranty and this phone is approximately 5-6 months old.  Thank you for all responding, but I have tried all suggestions with negative results, so it will probably just sit in a drawer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kturner911, I can truly understand your concern. You can always take the phone to be inspected by the store to see if there is anything we can to do help. Or you can always reach out to Samsung as well: 888-987-4357. Do you have another phone you would like to activate so you are not without a phone? If so, you can always do that online as well: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do?&&zipRdr=y Please keep us posted if you have any further questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes