My device has been running slow since the last software update. How do I fix it?
jwhtstn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the last software update about 7-10 days ago, my Galaxy 4S has been slow, unresponsive at times and the swipe to open feature won't work.  Any ideas?

I took the phone by the Verizon Store and the guy there said my phone was wet and I needed a new one.

It had not gotten wet!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ever since the last software update about 7-10 days ago, my Galaxy 4S has been slow, unresponsive at times and the swipe to open feature won't work.  Any ideas?
Snn5
Legend

I'd recommend a system cache clear first:

Turn off phone

Remove the battery and reinsert.

Hold down the Home and Volume Up keys

Press and hold the Power button while still holding the other keys.

As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all keys/buttons.

Press on the Volume Down to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition.

Press the Power button to select it.

Press the Volume down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power Button to select it.

Wait for a few minutes for the phone to clear the data.

Then press the Power button to select reboot system now.

Wait for your phone to reboot.

If that doesn't work:

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered On) Samsung Galaxy S III | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Ever since the last software update about 7-10 days ago, my Galaxy 4S has been slow, unresponsive at times and the swipe to open feature won't work. Any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jwhtstn,

I am sorry to hear that you have been having some troubles since the most recent manufacturers update. These are definitely meant to help improve device performance, so we want to help figure this out. Is the device currently backed up? It may be best to allow the software to reinstall and this can be done with a hard reset. Take a look here to see how to back up the device http://vz.to/1p1RUE1. Once backed up, you can see how to reset here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77507/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Ever since the last software update about 7-10 days ago, my Galaxy 4S has been slow, unresponsive at times and the swipe to open feature won't work.  Any ideas?
Snn5
Legend

I'd recommend a system cache clear first:

Turn off phone

Remove the battery and reinsert.

Hold down the Home and Volume Up keys

Press and hold the Power button while still holding the other keys.

As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all keys/buttons.

Press on the Volume Down to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition.

Press the Power button to select it.

Press the Volume down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power Button to select it.

Wait for a few minutes for the phone to clear the data.

Then press the Power button to select reboot system now.

Wait for your phone to reboot.

If that doesn't work:

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered On) Samsung Galaxy S III | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes