Cannot send/receive texts when WiFi is enabled
ejc20191

I got a new DROID TURBO two days ago. I cannot send or receive text messages when WiFi is enabled. Both the WiFi and cellular signals appear strong; when WiFi is on, the cellular 4G logo grays out and I just see 4 signal strength bars lit up. WiFi signal is good too -- I am sitting next to the router. My previous phone, Samsung Galaxy S3, didn't have this issue.

I read a few forum posts advising to remove the SIM card, which I'd try if I could figure how to do that. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot send/receive texts when WiFi is enabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You've come to the right place for help ejc20191. So sorry that you are having trouble with your text messages. This definitely should be something that we can fix. Here are the steps to remove the SIM card: http://vz.to/1R0oina. Please try these steps and then test your messages. Keep us posted if this works, or if it does not! Thank you!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send/receive texts when WiFi is enabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You've come to the right place for help ejc20191. So sorry that you are having trouble with your text messages. This definitely should be something that we can fix. Here are the steps to remove the SIM card: http://vz.to/1R0oina. Please try these steps and then test your messages. Keep us posted if this works, or if it does not! Thank you!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes