Can I use my device as a hotspot and be on a call at the same time?
bil123456789

how do i use my hotspot and be on a call at the same time with the galaxy S6?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i use my hotspot and be on a call at the same time with the galaxy S6?
Snn5
Legend

I should think you could as long as you have advanced calling enabled allowing VoLTE or voice over LTE and are in an LTE coverage area with service.

View solution in original post

Re: how do i use my hotspot and be on a call at the same time with the galaxy S6?
bil123456789

it should be able to work that way right?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I should think you could as long as you have advanced calling enabled allowing VoLTE or voice over LTE and are in an LTE coverage area with service.

Weth
Legend

Agree with Snn5

Unlike previous Samsung Galaxy version that had 2 radios in them to get both LTE or EVDO data and 1x phone calls at same time, with the advent of Advanced Calling this is no longer needed. Samsung is now like Apple and only has 1 radio. To get data and voice at same time you must have Advanced Calling 1.0 active on your account and you must turn on VoLTE or LTE calling on your phone. Once you do that, you will be able to do voice and data at the same time as long as you are in an LTE area. If you are not in an LTE area, you will not get concurrent voice and data with the S6, just like iPhone 6.

I purposefully compared to iPhone since I know that will just cause teeth clenching in the Android crowd

Snn5
Legend

I'd get an iPhone, maybe, but alas, one costs more than my free prepaid LG Volt and my LG G2.   But yes, enabling AC should get you talking and hotspotting.