I can only receive text messages if I send a text first. How do I fix this?
mgchuch
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter, also on same family plan, has sent 4 or 5 text messages but I haven't received any.  I only started receiving texts from my hubby after I sent him a text (I have still not received the earlier texts he sent before I started texting him).  I would really appreciate any advise you can offer.  I don't want to be missing messages!  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Just upgraded to iPhone 6 plus, but am only getting texts if I text someone first. iMessage is turned on and I'm logged into the cloud.
mgchuch
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband figured out the solution.  In message settings, under Send & Receive, I had not "checked" to be reached by imessage at my icloud email address.  Once I turned this on I was able to receive messages from my daughter.  Never did receive her earlier messages, but at least I can receive them now. So far all else is great with the 6 plus!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Just upgraded to iPhone 6 plus, but am only getting texts if I text someone first. iMessage is turned on and I'm logged into the cloud.
mgchuch
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband figured out the solution.  In message settings, under Send & Receive, I had not "checked" to be reached by imessage at my icloud email address.  Once I turned this on I was able to receive messages from my daughter.  Never did receive her earlier messages, but at least I can receive them now. So far all else is great with the 6 plus!!

0 Likes