Why is the "close all" button crashing my device?
Shawn3090
Enthusiast - Level 2

After updating my Galaxy S4 to 5.0.1, the "Close all" button on the new recent apps screen crashes my phone into a blackscreen. I have to turn it off (standby) and on in order to use it again, and when I go back to the recent apps menu, some apps are still not closed. Is this just my phone or is it a bug with the update?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Black screen after tapping "Close all" on 5.0.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shawn3090 , thanks for the update. Let's keep working on the issue we are facing today. Please try to run the software repair assistant on the device. You can always find the steps to complete this process by following this link: http://spr.ly/6589AgvX Keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shawn3090, this is a concern to me. I want to make sure that your phone is working without any issues. Since you have done the update have you been able to power off the phone, remove the back cover and battery, and remove the sim card for a good 10-15 seconds. Then place the phone back together and re-try doing the "Close All" function on the device? Keep me posted after you have tried these steps.
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Shawn3090
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kevin,

This does not solve the problem for me. I have also talked with other users on another forum about the issue, and it seems that it is a general issue with this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shawn3090 , thanks for the update. Let's keep working on the issue we are facing today. Please try to run the software repair assistant on the device. You can always find the steps to complete this process by following this link: http://spr.ly/6589AgvX Keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
0 Likes