How do I download a software update?
Randy77

I just got this tablet today. It's running jellybean, which won't let me run MS Office apps. When I try to update, it tells me it's already up to date. How can I force the kitkat update?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't get kitkat update
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Randy77

Thank you for your question. Sorry that you are having this experience. Since your Ellipsis 7 is currently on MV7B_31D41_422, please try the following to pull the software update.

1. Please navigate to Settings>Apps>All

2. Select "Help" and check the Help app version.

A. If Help app version is 1.01

i. Please navigate the Google Play Store>My Apps>Help app

ii. After Help app has been updated, your Ellipsis 7 should prompt you to install a software update.

B. If Help app is version 1.03

i. Please navigate to Settings>Apps>Downloaded>Select "Help">Select "Uninstall updates."

ii. When complete please go back to 2A above and follow those steps to access Help app in the Play Store

This update will bring you to the software version prior to KitKat. You should then be able to soon pull the KitKat update via System Updates.

Again sorry that you have to take these additional steps. Please keep us posted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Randy77

Thank you for your question. Sorry that you are having this experience. Since your Ellipsis 7 is currently on MV7B_31D41_422, please try the following to pull the software update.

1. Please navigate to Settings>Apps>All

2. Select "Help" and check the Help app version.

A. If Help app version is 1.01

i. Please navigate the Google Play Store>My Apps>Help app

ii. After Help app has been updated, your Ellipsis 7 should prompt you to install a software update.

B. If Help app is version 1.03

i. Please navigate to Settings>Apps>Downloaded>Select "Help">Select "Uninstall updates."

ii. When complete please go back to 2A above and follow those steps to access Help app in the Play Store

This update will bring you to the software version prior to KitKat. You should then be able to soon pull the KitKat update via System Updates.

Again sorry that you have to take these additional steps. Please keep us posted.

0 Likes
Randy77

Thanks Carol!  I was able to get it working with a couple of extra steps...

I would like to add that finding the Help app to update it was not easy.  Search for "Help - Ellipsis 7" on Google Play and you'll be able to update it.  After that, it does a system update, reboots, then I was able to update to KitKat.

0 Likes