Why can't I move music to my device?
derek412
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a new G3 from Verizon recently. I connect it to my PC using the cord it came with, and it pops up on my system, says it's installing stuff, and then a minute later it clears out, displaying an icon that says VS985 4G, and the USB Connected - Media Sync - (MTP) icon appears on my phone. All seems ok.

I'm used to going to File Explorer and moving over the music files I want to my Music folder. Nope, won't take them....it just sits and never moves the files over, just freezes on the "Copying.." popup forever. I've tried several versions of the LG Suite, none of them seem to work, and AirDroid doesn't support this model either.

Anyone copied music successfully to this model of G3? Have no interest in using iTunes or their "cloud" thing at all, I just want to move songs onto my phone with 24GB of space available!

Thanks all for any advice.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon G3 - Can't move music to it!
Snn5
Legend

LG PC Suite wont work on any Verizon LG.  Make sure you go to LG.com and get the official drivers for USB.  Make sure you are in MTP/Mass Storage mode.  After the initial F: drive pop up with the LG icon, it should go back to the regular icon and you should see it in My Computer or similar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG PC Suite wont work on any Verizon LG.  Make sure you go to LG.com and get the official drivers for USB.  Make sure you are in MTP/Mass Storage mode.  After the initial F: drive pop up with the LG icon, it should go back to the regular icon and you should see it in My Computer or similar.

0 Likes
derek412
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it to (finally) work....installed those official LG USB drivers, then rebooted my system and my phone, and it finally takes music files! It still prompts me that it "may not be able to play the media" when I save to it.

It really should be a LOT easier in 2015 with a relatively new phone. Geez, LG/Verizon, really?

Snn5
Legend

Glad those drivers worked for you!

0 Likes