How do I install widgets on my homescreen?
Pauhana

I can't seem to install widgets on my homescreen, Moto XT 1096 (2nd gen). Long press on homescreen, tap widgets, but the downloaded widget has gone into Apps rather than Widgets so I can't get it to work as a widget. There is no Widget tab in the App tray as on my old droid. How to fix?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't install widgets on homescreen
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is a Widget, long-press an empty space on a home screen, tap Widgets, find the Widget and long-press it, drag it to your home screen wherever you want it placed, and then let go.

If it is an App, tap Apps, find the app and long-press it, then drag it to wherever you want it on your home screen and let go.

If "the downloaded widget has gone into Apps", then it isn't a Widget, it's an App (not all apps have widgets).

View solution in original post

Re: Can't install widgets on homescreen
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is a Widget, long-press an empty space on a home screen, tap Widgets, find the Widget and long-press it, drag it to your home screen wherever you want it placed, and then let go.

If it is an App, tap Apps, find the app and long-press it, then drag it to wherever you want it on your home screen and let go.

If "the downloaded widget has gone into Apps", then it isn't a Widget, it's an App (not all apps have widgets).