How do I stop an app from continuously updating?
cjraiti
Enthusiast - Level 1

The tablet began Downloading update package a few days ago. It's at 0%.  How can I stop it? It's draining the battery.  I've tried to forcing it to stop after going through app info (Fota) but it just starts again. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unending update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to download the update via wi-fi?  If so, turn off your wi-fi and ensure mobile data is on ... the update will only download over a mobile data connection.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure out how to get that update downloaded for you, cjraiti! Have you tried connecting your tablet to WiFi to see if it will download via a different network?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kellyhartline

I am having the same issue. Please make it stop!!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to download the update via wi-fi?  If so, turn off your wi-fi and ensure mobile data is on ... the update will only download over a mobile data connection.

edrjwr6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I found this in the forum yesterday, tried it and it worked. couldn't believe it was that easy.

edrjwr6
Enthusiast - Level 1

turn wifi off and restart tablet let it connect to 4g. this worked for me.

cjraiti
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to all who replied!  Such an easy work-around.  My follow up question is why is this even necessary?  Why won't the update work over WiFi?

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi cjraiti

This software update requires a data connection to complete the update, but the data utilized is not billable. Thanks for your feedback.

0 Likes