how do i transfer cotacts from my htc to a Lumia 928?
scottbeez

how do i switch contacts to my nokia 928?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i transfer cotacts from my htc to nokia?
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

If it is windows you will need to go one by one and make sure they are a part of your live/Hotmail/outlook.com/Microsoft account on the previous phone. Then on whatever new Microsoft phone you own they will be available when using the same Microsoft account. This works the same with Android and Apple ecosystems.

Most likely Verizon contacts will not be on a sim card, since they give out new sims for new phones, but windows phone support the import of contacts from a sim card under settings for the built in people app.

Another option, if the previous phone is an android, use export contacts to .csv located in the setting menu of the android contacts app, and import that into one of the above mentioned Microsoft accounts, then use that account on your new phone.

If on Windows Phone use the clunky and slow Verizon Wireless backup assistant plus, although I have never had much productive mileage with that app.

There may be other ways but these are probably most common.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do i transfer cotacts from my htc to nokia?
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

If it is windows you will need to go one by one and make sure they are a part of your live/Hotmail/outlook.com/Microsoft account on the previous phone. Then on whatever new Microsoft phone you own they will be available when using the same Microsoft account. This works the same with Android and Apple ecosystems.

Most likely Verizon contacts will not be on a sim card, since they give out new sims for new phones, but windows phone support the import of contacts from a sim card under settings for the built in people app.

Another option, if the previous phone is an android, use export contacts to .csv located in the setting menu of the android contacts app, and import that into one of the above mentioned Microsoft accounts, then use that account on your new phone.

If on Windows Phone use the clunky and slow Verizon Wireless backup assistant plus, although I have never had much productive mileage with that app.

There may be other ways but these are probably most common.

0 Likes