If I use NFC to share contacts between Moto x's, will identical contacts be duplicated?
tjohn093
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will they duplicate same ones if there are?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what happens if I use NFC to share contacts between to moto x's
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, tjohn093. With regards to your contacts, it is likely that your phone will automatically save them as phone contacts. (Meaning not to Gmail etc.) So it is possible to get duplicates if the number is already saved or backed up by Backup Assistant or Gmail.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, tjohn093. With regards to your contacts, it is likely that your phone will automatically save them as phone contacts. (Meaning not to Gmail etc.) So it is possible to get duplicates if the number is already saved or backed up by Backup Assistant or Gmail.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
tjohn093
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if certain fields in contacts would be updated like if on has a picture and the other does not?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tjohn093

I'm happy to answer any questions I can! If the contact information matches and it saved in the same location or backed up to the same place, any updates or changes to one should sync to the other. If the contacts are backed up to different locations or are different at all, the contact will save a new copy and not update the other.

RuthW_VZW

0 Likes
tjohn093
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I can sync from separate cloud accounts to one another? That might be easier

0 Likes