Why can't I send sms messages ?
aye812

why can i send imessage texts but not sms texts ?

When i try to send an sms text ..i get a 'not delivered' message...no error code...imessage works fine...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why can i send imessage texts but not sms texts ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Very strange, aye812. Let's get this figured out. Make sure that SMS messages are turned on. Go to Settings>Messages>Send as SMS. Please let me know if this works.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Very strange, aye812. Let's get this figured out. Make sure that SMS messages are turned on. Go to Settings>Messages>Send as SMS. Please let me know if this works.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aye812

got it fixed, sms texts were turned off as a service for my phone...thx..hn

0 Likes
maxwell2021
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have taken the phone back to the Verizon store where they checked the setting, then we got a new sim card then a new phone, all with no luck.  I have taken the phone to a private Apple tech shop where they tried everything, including taking the sim card out and putting it into a new iPhone 11 and it would still not send text to non-iPhones.  I understand that sms texts maybe turned off in the service for my phone, but I can't figure out how to change that setting in my account.  

Not sure if this matters, but the account was set up with an Android phone and this iPhone was recently added.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes