Important Note: Memory Management
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

If you encounter low memory messages including “Available app space” or “Storage space running out” please check the software on your tablet:

1) Go to Settings
2) Select About Tablet
3) Refer to SW Version

If the SW Version on your Ellipsis 7 tablet is:
MV7A_31D16_422  OR
MV7A_31D18_422  OR
MV7A_31D26_422

Then moving to software version MV7A_31D25_422A will enhance the available storage on your device. You are eligible for a software update on the tablet. Please call our Customer Support at 1 (800) 837-4966, and they will support you through this process. You will be required to ship your device for this software enhancement.

If your tablet is on MV7A_31D25_422A or MV7B_31D41_422 , then your device already has all the memory improvements and you will need to free up memory space. Please uninstall apps that are not needed and move media files to an SD card or to your PC.

Re: Important Note: Memory Management
MagikalMonkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm curious, why would we have to ship our devices to update software? Considering this is "the electronic age" one would think it possible to be able to d/l the updates. Coincidentally I'd been told by a rep in the recent past, after making a complaint that my memory and app space was running low but that there was plenty of space in the tablet 'side' that all I needed to do to update my software was select the Software Updates, then Check New. This of course was after moving certain applications to the tablet space in an attempt to make more room on the app 'side'. Was this inaccurate information? Thank you! Smiley Happy

carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Magika

The information you previously received is accurate, however there are further memory enhancements with software versions MV7A_31D25_422A and MV7B_31D41_422 that cannot be achieved through an over-the-air update. Our Customer Support at 1 (800) 837-4966 can provide you with additional information about this process. Hope that helps!

0 Likes
NonnaVilee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why when we took out tablets to our local store to find a solution for the out of space issue, we were NOT told about this update and were told to purchase  32gb micro SD cards to solve the problem.  What is it, a SW update or purchase an SD card?  I would like to use my tablet for something other than a web browser and calculator. 

BhL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to Verizon store and had them call. I have ver MV7A_31D26_422. The tech rep said they have NO info on this issue and would not forward to tier 2 tech support until going through the script they have ( my local Verizon person was on the phone 1 hour by this time). I finally asked to talk to the rep and requested  T2 support or a supervisor, I was put on hold and my issue was never addressed (i.e they never came back and left me on hold for 30 min). 1.5 hours in, I finally purchased a Samsung Tab 4 8.0 and had to eat the additional cost of the Ellipis 7 to buy out on the contract . Poor tech support on the phone (the people at the store were great, but they were treated that same as us users).

I hope this gets back to support management.

~B~

MagikalMonkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is displeasing that the units must be shipped somewhere to affect this upgrade. We would not have the devices during this time and there is no indication of the time this will take. Is it not something that can be done in a Verizon store?

Also aggravating is the fact that we must pay to ship and subsequently insure (or pay for delivery receipt) the package(s) due to the frequency of thefts in both the US Postal Service and private shipping companies alike.

M~M

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Magikal

The shipping will be paid for by Verizon and it will include tracking information so you do not need to pay for shipping or insurance. Unfortunately, this upgrade cannot be done in a store.

NorCalMom

To clarify:  This software upgrade is being handled by the Verizon TECH dept (it took 20+ min on hold).  Once there, the tech employee had no idea what I was talking about... so I gave her this thread number and a bunch of information (and my Ellipsis 7's software version).  Now things are getting warmer. After 5 more min, she calls back, saying that this would be the procedure (as unbelievable as it will sound): 

"Verizon will ship you a box. (two days).  Put the tablet in the prepaid postage box and send it to us (2-3 days), we'll fix it (3-5 days), and send it back to you (1-2 days)."  I said, "You've gotta be kidding!! How about you email me a shipping label, just like Amazon and Lands' End all do, and I'll send it to you today??"  Nope. Sorry. 

Gee, Verizon, are you still living in1970? I hope some MBA class analyzes how much money and time you waste by doing it this way. Might explain my $250+ monthly bill for the last 16+ years.

0 Likes
lizbroughton
Enthusiast - Level 1

Carol you will need to tell what options you need to get through to someone.  Both people I spoke with couldn't help and didn't know what I was talking about.  Thanks

0 Likes
BobP1947
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received my Ellipsis 7 with the software version MV7A_31D25_422A.  Works Great!  Took about than a week turnaround.  I must admit, you have to be persistent, but the results are worth it.  Thanks