Why can't I get messages from iPhone users?
MLM45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently went from iphone4 to the Samsung Galaxy s4.  I am having difficulty getting messages from iphone users.  I've been told it was the imessaging.  We turned that setting off on my old phone but does anyone know how I can continue getting messages from iphone users?????

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone to android - issues with text messages
rcschnoor
Legend

I have recently seen a method which may unsubscribe you from iMessage. Hopefully it will work for you.

Text "stop" to 48369

This should unsubscribe you from iMessage and hopefully you will start receiving texts from iPhone users again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wingnutks

Ask one of your iPhone friends if when they text you, if their iPhone is trying to send it as an iMessage.  If it is, tell them to select "send as SMS" instead of an iMessage.  This MAY work.  My wife has had her galaxy for a month now, and has done every single thing possible to get off of iMessage and get this sorted out.  She is still not receiving text messages from some iphone users.

0 Likes
MLM45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  So far, that is the only way I can get messages from iphones.  I am working with apple right now.  Someone mentioned trying to de-register the old iphone from the itunes account.  If this works, I will let you know.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have recently seen a method which may unsubscribe you from iMessage. Hopefully it will work for you.

Text "stop" to 48369

This should unsubscribe you from iMessage and hopefully you will start receiving texts from iPhone users again.

0 Likes
MLM45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!! This worked.

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

Did you try un-regestering your Iphone from Itunes?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MLM45, we don't want this to be an ongoing text messaging issue for you. Perhaps your mobile number is still saved in your friends' contacts as an iPhone mobile number. I recommend that you tell your iPhone friends to delete your contact in their devices and then reset the network in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Your mobile number will need to be saved as ten digit number with no "1" in front of it. Let us know if this works for you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes