wont stay connected to home wifi
ride2live
Enthusiast - Level 2

My s3 mini will not stay connected to my home wifi network. All other devices on my network have no issues. Do I have a bad phone?

0 Likes
Re: wont stay connected to home wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry ride2live! This issue is an often occurance. The good news is, we can get this resolved! When was the last time you reset your home router? Have you completed a full reset on your S3 mini? How long do connections last? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
RitaMae

I am having this same issue. I have reset my home router several times and I still get this message on my phone: Network disabled because Internet connection is slow.  I have Verizon FIOS for my home Internet provider. Why won't my phone stay connected?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

change router to channel 11.

0 Likes
ride2live
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have restarted my phone and router. My connection lasts only a few minutes at most. When I turn off mobile data the wi fi stays connected however download speeds are very slow. It seems. with mobile data on the 4G signal overrides the wi fi signal and disables the wi fi .I get the same message as Rita Mae. I thought it may be a weak router. I have a NETGEAR 300N so I don't believe that's an issue. My computer, tablet and smart TV have no issues staying connected. Also my son has an s3 mini and he has no issues when he is connected to my router.

0 Likes
MarlaAnn3835

My phone is saying the same thing as RitaMae's; Network disabled because Internet connection is slow. I can't open several of my apps and the Google Play Store because it says there is no connection. Please tell me how to fix this. When I first got my phone I didn't have this problem.

0 Likes
ride2live
Enthusiast - Level 2

I changed my router to channel 11 and turned mobile data on. wi fi connection lasted less than 5 minutes. got the same message as before

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to provide this information, Ride2live. May I ask if you have attempted to test the device with Auto Network Switch turned off? Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced -> turn OFF 'Auto network switch'

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ride2live
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to Settings>Wi-Fi- I do not see >Menu. I see Choose a network. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

left lower button/advanced