How do I reply to sender in a group message?
MrsSully7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to make it so you reply to sender only in a group text?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reply to sender in group message
MrsSully7
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I asked one of my friends who also has a moto x and this is how she does hers:

-Go to sms & mms settings

-Make sure Group Messaging is not marked.

-You will still receive group messages, but it will come through in the senders thread, so when you reply it will be to them only.

-When you first get the text, I believe it will say MMS, but after that the only way you will know it was a group message is if you look at the details of the conversation bubble.

Not exactly the solution I was looking for, but it works. At least now everyone else won't be getting my replies.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I tried to do the same thing. I found I just had to start a new text message to the person I wanted to text. If another person knows, let us know.

Thanks,

Doc

0 Likes
MrsSully7
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I asked one of my friends who also has a moto x and this is how she does hers:

-Go to sms & mms settings

-Make sure Group Messaging is not marked.

-You will still receive group messages, but it will come through in the senders thread, so when you reply it will be to them only.

-When you first get the text, I believe it will say MMS, but after that the only way you will know it was a group message is if you look at the details of the conversation bubble.

Not exactly the solution I was looking for, but it works. At least now everyone else won't be getting my replies.

0 Likes