Will a European S4 mini work with Verizon ?
romanoto

Hi,

I just got a Galaxy S4 mini ( I19195) through my french carrier, the phone will be unlocked soon. Will i be able to useit  in America with verizon ?

My wife has a verizon plan. last time i tried to put her verizon sim card in my unlocked french Iphone 4s, it didn't work..

Will it be different with this S4 mini ?

Thank you

Romain

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
European S4 mini will work with Verizon ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The phone is incompatible with the CDMA voice network used by Verizon Wireless. It would work on a local GSM carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
European S4 mini will work with Verizon ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The phone is incompatible with the CDMA voice network used by Verizon Wireless. It would work on a local GSM carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: European S4 mini will work with Verizon ?
snatale42
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can use it in America, but not with Verizon. You can use it with AT&T and T-Mobile (or any of the companies that use their networks). Until Verizon get's rid of their dinosaur CDMA network most phone's aren't compatible.But since LTE is a GSM Technology, may in the future when the start using LTE for the voice calls (VoLTE) that may change stuff a little assuming the other phone supports the correct LTE bands.

0 Likes
Re: European S4 mini will work with Verizon ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@romanoto,

We would love to have you join VZW once you're in the USA! Please keep in mind that we can only activate phone that our compatible with our network. As Ann154 mentioned the device needs to be compatible with our CDMA network. But no worries because when you join VZW you can get a new phone at a discount price with a 2 year agreement. Or you can also enroll in our Edge program and not have a contract. Visit http://vz.to/18hFNL6 for info on our Edge program.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes