Why does my default sound constantly ring?
rejuvinique

Just bought S4 yesterday.  I read the manual (I am an engineer, yes a geek), have called Technical Support twice for other reasons.  But all through the night, my phone now rings with my default ring tone every 15 minutes or so.  I have no unretrieved voicemails or text messages.  I have not set up any  alarms.  Does anyone know why this is happening and how to turn off??????????????       My phone is now in a drawer - driving me crazy.  Lydia

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not a dummy, but why does my default sound constantly ring?
rcschnoor
Legend

You probably have notifications active on one of your apps which is causing this. It may be tedious to fix, but you may have to go thru each of your apps and check on the notification settings on each to either turn them off or change the settings. Some notifications also have a reminder setting such that your phone may have already retrieved your item but it is still unread.

What apps do you have installed. Almost every app these days can have a notification setting, NOT just voicemail, texting and email.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Not a dummy, but why does my default sound constantly ring?
rcschnoor
Legend

You probably have notifications active on one of your apps which is causing this. It may be tedious to fix, but you may have to go thru each of your apps and check on the notification settings on each to either turn them off or change the settings. Some notifications also have a reminder setting such that your phone may have already retrieved your item but it is still unread.

What apps do you have installed. Almost every app these days can have a notification setting, NOT just voicemail, texting and email.

0 Likes